POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Image maps : Re: Image maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image maps
From: David Instone
Date: 15 Dec 2006 05:00:09
Message: <45827229@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote in message

> Oh yes, and the scaling bit - By default the image takes up one unit
square
> with it's bottom left corner at the origin. So to scale to a 4x4 surface
and
> centre it you'd need
>
> pigment{image_map {sys "Test.bmp"} scale 4 translate <-2,0,-2> rotate
x*90}

> Regards,
> Chris B.

Thank you very much Chris. You hit the nail right on the head with that one
and it has been annoying me for too long. I did have to play with it a bit
to get it right though. Instead of your version I ended up with this.

pigment{image_map {sys "Test.bmp"} scale 4 rotate x*90 translate <-2,0,-2>}

I found that if you translate before you rotate you end up with two half
images tiled verticaly. Does that sound feasible or am I making it up as I
go along?

Regards David